Senior Project ManagerPosted on August 26, 2016
Location: New York, NY
* The scope of work ranges from tactical to strategic, while the scope of initiatives is from IT-intensive projects to enterprise wide business and IT initiatives.
* Plans, directs and coordinates activities of departmental technology projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters
* Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives
* Monitors project activities, ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and "look and feel" across the enterprise
* Responsible for the delivery of various IT projects from concept through final implementation.
* Understand existing business processes and serve as an IT Project Management subject matter expert (SME)
* Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
* Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of projects, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel, assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
* Formulate and define scope and objectives of projects.
Confer with project staff to outline work plan, identify, and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
* Prepare project reports for management, clients, or others.
Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
* Coordinate project activities with activities of business units.
* Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
* Manage internal and external systems, application development, and infrastructure projects from inception to successful implementation.
* Work closely with end users, business technologists and others to understand business goals and information needs, and then develop system requirements and design specifications; direct efforts to refine conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design.
* Previous experience in a pharmaceutical/healthcare environment